Happy hump day everyone,
With autumn fast approaching and the rainy days (including flash flooding) Perth experienced last week it got me thinking about warmer garments for Chet. Last year I bought a bunch of woolen knits and was a little annoyed at myself for buying so many when our winter here in Australia is not that cold. Unfortunately he outgrew them really quickly, so this year I am aiming at buying cotton knit garments instead. Cotton is lightweight, but still warm enough to keep our babes toasty throughout the cooler months.
I found a beautiful brand called Zulunar based in Sydney, who create gorgeous 100% cotton knitted garments for babies and toddlers. To be honest, I was initially looking for a new cuddle blanket but soon realised they also stock matching beanies and cardigans. Eeeek! Who doesn’t love a baby/ toddler in an adorable and coordinating outfit? I grabbed one of each (not making last years mistake) and we loooove them. I’m super happy and Chet seems really comfortable in his new cardi.
I have put together 2 of my favourite looks from the Zulunar website below. I would really recommend anyone who is wanting to invest in some quality knitted pieces for their little love, to have a squizz at these shopping links.
- Cable Knit Luxury Cotton Blanket || Caramel || Shop Here
- Wave Knit Luxury Cotton Blanket || Antique White || Shop Here
- Wave Knit Luxury Cotton Beanie || Oatmeal || Shop Here
- Wave Knit Luxury Cotton Cardigan || Oatmeal || Shop Here
- Cable Knit Luxury Cotton Blanket || Indigo Marle || Shop Here
- Wave Knit Luxury Cotton Blanket || Grey Marle || Shop Here
- Wave Knit Luxury Cotton Beanie || Indigo Marle || Shop Here
- Wave Knit Luxury Cotton Cardigan || Indigo Marle || Shop Here
I have always found sweet boys clothing hard to find so I’m glad I came across this beautiful store before Chet grew out of size 2. He is 2 and a half years old and is in between a size 2 and 3 (wearing size 2 below) so the sizing for us is spot on at the moment. The bonus part is that cotton washes a tonne better than wool so these pieces will be stashed away when Chet grows out of them for our future baby (who has not been conceived yet lol.)
It’s my birthday tomorrow so I’m off to bake my own cupcakes with Chet. I said it yesterday but I’ll say it again- We are dying for Shaun to come home next week.