It’s been a while since my last update but I am always SO excited about seasonal styling and we have now officially crossed over into Autumn! Yay!! This AW22 I have teamed up with Cockburn Gateway to bring you some incredible and affordable home decor finds, that ooze sophistication without completely breaking the bank. Think warm, sandy beige hues with a subtle grounding of deep spice, tan and chocolate tones. I am absolutely loving this earthy colour palette and even more that the featured products are all super accessible under the one roof at Cockburn Gateway. You’ll find plenty of on-trend Autumn/Winter homewares in some of their leading retailers like Adairs, Kmart, Big W, Frankii, TLC Collective and Bed Bath N Table. I have shopped up a storm this week to share an abundance of cosy, seasonal inspiration below, that I hope you all adore.
Before we dive straight in, it’s also great to think about longevity, sustainability and what products will be easily styled all year round. Some of the current interior trends below, will be heavily featured throughout AW22, but will remain strong design elements heading into SS23 and the forseeable future.
- Curves and soft edges- They help create a calm, tranquil setting and are being used in all aspects of interior, furniture and home decor design.
- Warm neutrals– Creamy beige hues continue to be prominent going into Autumn/Winter, especially when paired with tonal, earthy accents. Think chocolate, burgundy, spice, mustard, tan and camel as feature colours to decorate with.
- Textured upholstery- The use of chunky, woven textiles and raw, natural fibres help emphasise the feeling of cosiness and warmth. Boucle and shearling upholstery fabrics will continue to be extremely popular with most leading retailers releasing their own spin on textured furnishings this AW22.
- Fluting and ribbed surfaces- The repetition of line continues to be a firm favourite among designers and interior enthusiasts. Most commonly seen in furniture and glass design, this trend is going to stick around well into 2023 and years to come. If you’re taking a budget friendly approach, there are some elegant looking vases and decorative accessories around with fluted textures, that will be sure to add a high end look to your home.
- Mixed timbers- When curated carefully, the collaboration of dark and light wood paired together, look simply divine (and oh-so-sophisticated!!) If you’re wanting inspiration on how to effectively and harmoniously use dark/light timbers together, trying googling or searching ‘Japandi Interior‘ on Pinterest.
The Caramel glazed dinnerware range from Kmart was one of my favourite finds on the shopping trip. The colour is beautifully vibrant and the price point is really budget friendly (bowls starting at $3each.) Online has limited stock, but there were plenty in-store when I visited earlier this week! STYLING TIP: Try layering a few plates and bowls on your dining table with various organic, textures to emphasise interest and warmth in your styling this AW22. Add fresh foliage to keep the space feeling calm and inviting- the greenery will add a coolness among the earthy, rich palette.
TLC Collective is a great giftware store that stocks a tonne of neat, little decor trinkets. It’s become one of my top stores to visit when purchasing for client projects and display homes- especially if I have a coastal or boho brief. The website is fairly limited but the store has such a charm about it and you will find so many hidden treasures!! STYLING TIP: Using candles in your styled grouping will emphasise a calm, tranquil setting- even when it’s not lit. There are some unique and intricate designs around with an array of hues that will suit your chosen colour palette… just make sure they’re always on a tray, or in a holder/hurricane (like above) to avoid any wax on your furniture.
I was so inspired by my AW22 shopping trip that I really wanted to put together a couple more looks for you all using product from retailers within the Cockburn Gateway complex. There is a GREAT mix of budget-friendly items in my concepts below, and I have also carefully curated these looks based on my trend forecast dot-points above… Expect to see some soft curves, fluting, warm neutrals, textured upholstery and mixed timbers, in various design forms to suit both conservative and mid-range budgets.
|| 1. Floor Lamp $49.00 || 2. Occasional Chair $699.00 || 3. Chocolate Throw $69.95 || 4. Faux Fur Cushion $49.95 || 5. Acacia Dip Bowls $8.00 || 6. Tufted Cushion $13.00 || 7. Boucle Cushion $16.00|| 8. Cream Throw $69.95 || 9. Ceramic Vase $16.00 || 10. Tan Pouf $25.00 || 11. White Vase $3.50 || 12. Glass Vase $15.00 || 13. Foliage Stems $9.00 || 14. Amber Glass Vase $16.00 || 15. Storage Cabinet $125.00 || 16. Rug $129.00 || 17. Round Mirror $40.00 ||
I opted to specify Adairs furniture in the below look because I believe the quality is going to be worth the extra money. Big W and Kmart also sell (basically) the same two products but the fabric quality was a noticeable difference to me when viewing them in both person. If you can nab the Adairs furniture in one of their epic sales, then I would recommend doing so to guarantee a decent lifespan and minimise easy wear and tear. STYLING TIP: Factor in the accent trims of your decor. Notice how the bedside table handle, lamp rod and clock hands are similar in tone? This helps ensure a harmonious setting is met, that flows nicely in each area of your interior.
|| 1. Faux Foliage $14.99 || 2. Planter $19.95 || 3. Storage Stool $249.99 || 4. Spice Vase $24.95 || 5. Table Lamp $35.00 || 6. Velvet Cushion $39.99 || 7. Round Cushion $8.50 || 8. Wave Cushion $69.99 || 9. Lumbar Cushion $69.99 || 10. Clock $10.00 || 11. Bedside Table $399.99 || 12. Headboard $699.99 || 13. Sheets (affordable alternative) $35.00 || 14. Quilt Cover $189.99 || 15. Rug $69.00 ||
That’s a wrap guys! I hope you loved this round up as much as I did and have been inspired to inject some autumnal tones into your interior styling this AW22. Don’t be afraid to introduce textural layers in order to help elevate the look of comfort and warmth in your home- we want cosy settings for when the cold weather approaches!! Let me know if you have any questions and please feel free to drop a comment below if you value this kind of content.
Have a fab week,
Cockburn Gateway has kindly sponsored this blog entry. All thoughts, design work, styling and written content are my own. All Images are copyright © and must not be used without my permission and written consent.