First of all I quickly want to wish you a Happy New Year. I hope 2017 brings you endless love, laughter and happiness. Thank you for all your support, comments and love throughout 2016.
I am still in holiday mode and way too chilled to post anything substantial, so today I want to share a little magic trick I just discovered to revive wilting hydrangea flowers. I was totally skeptical but the method worked so well- I had to take a few pictures to prove it.
These hydrangeas are like 11 days old. I have kept them in the fridge because Lee my florist is on holiday (how dare she have a break lol) and I wanted them to stay fresh for as long as possible. Refrigerating doesn’t stop them from drooping though so yesterday I tested the below.
- boil the kettle with fresh water
- re-cut the stem about an inch
- poke a hole through a plastic bag
- put the flowers in the bag with the stem exposed
- pour the boiling water into a heat resistant cup or bucket
- place the stem in the boiling water with the bag covering the petals (but not closed at the top.)
- leave them in there for as long as they need to hydrate
- take out and place in fresh water
I only left mine in for about 20 minutes because I had limited time but the difference was very noticeable already. From what I read, an hour or two is a good amount of time to leave in the hot water. I’m not a florist by any means but this little technique did help boost my blooms. It’s definitely worth a try if you are a hydrangea lover like myself and want to prolong their beauty haha.
Have a lovely Tuesday!
Florist || FLORALSTATE || Shop Here